Treatment and Prevention
Urge patients to take the time to get vaccinated
Despite CDC recommendations, the majority of the US population remains unprotected.
- On average, only 47% of the US population (persons aged 6 months and older) got vaccinated during the 2014-2015 flu season7
Flu vaccination rates for US population (as of June 2015)7
Low vaccination rates are due to public misperceptions about the influenza vaccine.10
- The most commonly cited reason for not being vaccinated against influenza is "not needing"
Patient–Cited Reasons for Not Being Vaccinated (2009–2010)10
Results from a survey conducted by the RAND Corporation in March 2010 of more than 4,000 U.S. adults.10
Motivate patients to take everyday preventive measures10
- Some viruses and germs can live for 2 hours or more on surfaces like doorknobs, desks,
- Remind patients that good hygiene habits can stop the spread of germs
- Next step: Download the Flu P.R.E.P. Kit