Questions to Ask Your Doctor About the Flu
These questions will help you have a productive conversation with your doctor about flu symptoms, flu treatment options, and ways to plan ahead for flu season.
Download the questions, and then print them out and bring them with you on your next doctor's visit.
- How can I recognize the flu vs. a cold?
- How can I help prevent the flu?
- What can I do to protect my children from the flu?
- Should I get a flu vaccine to prevent the flu?
- Should my children get flu shots?
- How are prescription flu medications different from a flu vaccine?
- Can my children also use prescription flu medications for the flu?
- When should I or my child take an over-the-counter flu medication?
- Next step: Track the flu activity in your area
Track the Flu
See flu activity in the U.S. or your state.
Is It Flu?
You have sudden fever, aches, chills, and tiredness.
What to do?
Check your symptoms ›
Flu Fighter Coloring Book
See Our YouTube Videos!
Learn more about flu prevention on YouTube. Watch our videos >
Are You “That Guy”?
If you think you have the flu, do the right thing. Watch the video ›
Developed in partnership with the NFID (National Foundation for Infectious Diseases)
Tips to Stay Flu-Free
Good preventive health habits, an annual flu vaccine, and prescription flu medicines can help keep you and your family flu-free — all year long!
Learn more ›